Intervertebral Disk Disease, or IVDD, is a disease affecting the joints in the spine, often seen in small breeds of dog such as Dachshunds, Pekingese, Beagles, Corgi, Shih Tzu, Maltese, and other small breeds that tend to have longer bodies with short legs. IVDD is especially prevalent in Dachshunds; an estimated 1 in 5 dogs will suffer from this disease. IVDD is a very serious condition and results in intense pain and can even lead to paralysis.
The main problems IVDD causes are back pain, rear limb paralysis, and inability to walk or feel the back legs. This often includes incontinence for the dog and a less full quality of life.
How Lil Back Bracer can help
The Lil Back Bracer is the only orthopedic support brace for dogs. Patented design to help keep your dog’s back supported when dealing with Intervertebral Disk Disease (IVDD) and other dog back pain.
Primary features of the Lil Back Bracer dog brace:
– Comfortable, ergonomic construction to alleviate pressure on spine
– Dog brace designed to stabilize the back from above & below
– Recommended for both treatment and prevention
– Snug, adjustable fit provides gentle, constant pressure for calming effect on nervous system
– Incorporated D-ring to attach a leash
– Easy to take on and off
– Medical grade, moisture-wicking, Breathe-O-Prene® fabric
– No need to remove dog brace for dogs to “do their business”
How to Measure the size
Comes in 3 sizes (Small / Medium / Large)